Many visits can now be managed from the comfort and safety of your own home.
Making a Virtual Appointment
Your child’s next visit could take place in the convenience of your home via telemedicine. Telemedicine will allow us to discuss your child’s illness, give your child an interactive real time visual exam, and make recommendations.
- Call the office to schedule a visit.
- A staff member will decide what type of care is most appropriate for your child. If telemedicine is recommended, this service will allow us to evaluate your child in the comfort of your home via a secure video call.
- Once we determine that your child qualifies for a telemedicine visit, you will be given an appointment time. You will be asked to call the office 5 minutes before you appointment time to check into the appointment and make any necessary payments. Please provide a cell phone number or email address and a link will be sent to via text message or via email.
- When you sign into the appointment using the link, you will need to allow access to your microphone and camera so we can see and talk to you during the visit.
- You will need to review and agree to the consent prior to the telemedicine visit.
- The visit will be billed to your insurance company. Telemedicine visits are now covered by most health insurance plans. In the event your insurance does not cover the visit there will be a maximum $75 charge for the visit.
- There may be times that the telemedicine visit needs to be transitioned to an in person visit, and in that case you will not be charged for the telemedicine portion of the visit.
Tips for your telemedicine visit
- Review the consent and payment policy before you begin. The consent will appear once you click the link for the Telehealth visit.
- Please use Google Chrome or Firefox for your web browser.
- The camera and audio must be enabled on your computer, tablet, or phone.
- Good lighting is helpful. Place the light in front of you and your child, rather than behind you. Please have a flashlight or your phone’s flashlight available.
- Please have your child’s recent weight and temperature.
- We may need to review any medications your child is using, and verify your preferred pharmacy.
Please understand that while this software is HIPAA-compliant, by choosing to do a virtual visit, you are agreeing to electronic communication of you or your child’s health information through audio, video, and/or photo technology. While our software is secure, consider any privacy needs in your space as well.